Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Helping a Guy with Stress and Jesus

Not to push my faith or anything, but I am happy and want to share what happened to me to encourage you. I was hiking in the Middle East and came down with a severe health issue called water intoxication.

About six months later I had to be shock paddled while leading a group of about fourty teens on a trip. Because of these, I have been dealing with PTSD. It is like a switch went on that I couldn't control. This has been going on for five years now...every stinkin day.

 Also, part of my PTSD is a fear of losing control in a crowd again...which is hard because my job is a pastor....God has a sense of humor right? I have tried Prozac and it didn't help (although it certainly took the edge off). Xanax and that was a big waste, just made me tired.

 Anyhow, I have been praying and fasting for something totally unrelated for about five days now. While I was praying today, suddenly the switch turned off and I felt my body go, "Ahhhh." For the first time in five years! I am no one special. All I can say is, is that for me, Jesus did a miracle to my physiological issue. He clicked it off and finally after a long annoying time, I can learn how to be myself again.

Hope the knot unravels for you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment