Saturday, September 29, 2012

Books every Youth Pastor should take their team through

Here are a few books that are a must for youth pastors to train their team through:

1. "Leadership as an Identity" by Crawford Lowritts
2. "Help! I'm a Small Group Leader" by Laurie Polich
3. "The Lost Art of Disciplemaking" by Leroy Eims
4. "Becoming a Contagious Christian" by Bill Hybles
5. "The Master Plan of Evangelism" by Robert Coleman

I have used these books in the past & they really help your leaders on many levels.
I wish I could design the Youth Ministry degree for Moody, because I would require these for Youth Pastors as well.

In fact, for Youth Pastors, I would require, besides Scripture:
1. The 5 above
2. "Purpose Driven Youth Ministry" by Doug Fields
3. "Your First Two Years of Youth Ministry" by Doug Fields
4. "Reaching a Generation for Christ" by Rick Dunn
5. "Systematic Theology" by Wayne Grudem
6. "Turning Vision into Action" by James MacDonald

...but this is not the blog to give my full unveiling of a degree for Youth Minstry so I will just stop with some of the vital books.


No comments:

Post a Comment