Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Wrestler's Psalm

"O LORD, how long will you forget me?  Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I wrestle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Psalm of David, Psalm 13:1-2

This is one of my favorite Psalms, because I was a wrestler & I can often relate to David's struggle here.

He goes on, in verse 3-4, to ask the Lord to turn and answer him.
Then in verse 5, David says, "But I will trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.  I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me."

David clearly trusts that the LORD has unfailing love for him & has, in no way, ignored, failed to hear, or has forgotten David. If you are a child of God, then you have this same relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment