Question: How did your sermon go?
I hate that question.
But to answer, success for me is:
1) Is God being highlighted (Jn. 3:30)?
2) Am I depending on God, not myself?
3) Am I handling the Text accurately?
4) Am I letting the Spirit convict & not me being heavy handed?
5) It isn't boring, but engaging.
6) 1 Peter 4:11, am I preaching God's word with authority and confidence?
7) Hebrews 10:24-25, is it encouraging & empowering to the Church?
8) My wife approves.
That is what goes through my mind in preparing and delivering a sermon.