Monday, November 11, 2013

God Leads the Korhorn's Into the Desert

Someone just asked me, "What do you want to do?"  Regarding our future.  Here is my response, as a follower of Jesus.

1. I want to be smack dab in the place the Lord wants me to be.

Psalm 37:4-7 "Delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him, and he will help you.  He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act."


He knows the future.  He knows the neighborhoods better.  He knows people's hearts & where people should be.  He determines where they are going to be anyhow.  So my main focus is to enjoy the journey he has me on.  I am content & am enjoying the journey.  I trust God will work out our best as we love Him.  I trust that he, who began a good work in the Korhorn family, will be faithful to complete it.

I don't want to run around fretting, worrying and panicking in fear.  In fact, I refuse to be afraid & I refuse to entertain worrying thoughts (which are many).  See Matt. 6:25-34...worry is the opposite of faith.

*I don't want to be like Israel in the wilderness, complaining, whining, and causing God a lot of grief.
*I don't want to be like Abram, who received God's word that he would be the father of many nations, but decided that the Lord was taking too long...so he had sex with Hagar.

2. That being said, I am to look for a place where I can provide for my family, as if it were all up to me.  I will not wait around for God to cook us a meal.  I believe God wants us to work as if it all depended on us, but trust as if it all depends on Him.

1 Timothy 5:8 (NLT) 8 But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NLT)10 Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “Those unwilling to work will not get to eat.”

We are currently at a place where my job is not providing enough for our family of six to continue to live on. So I need to get a job, hopefully it will be at the place we think God has for us, but possibly it will have to be something intermediate.    

3. My desire is to do X, so I will head in that direction, trusting God to open and close doors.
(I don't want to say what X is because I don't want to manipulate anything). I believe that God wants me to do X also, and furthermore, has given us the desire to do X.  So I will pursue X with integrity.  But until then, we will joyfully wait until just the right time.

4. Regardless of what we do or where we end up.  We will be all about :
#1 Mark 12:29–31 (NLT)- Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ 31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

#2 Matthew 28:18–20 (ESV)- And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”


So, in summary- 
We have our desires, but more importantly, we want to be wherever God wants us to be.
Wherever we are we will focus on loving God, loving people, and helping people know the Lord.
And it is my duty to love my family by providing for their well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment